Saturday, March 24, 2007

Blog Story Episode 3

Linda is at home washing dishes when she hears Wes enter the back door. "Oh, I'm glad to see you. Doctor Frist's office called me this morning. I told them you could probably give me a ride tomorrow afternoon."..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

With a long sigh, Wes remembers that he can't take her. "Mom, that's not going to work. I've got something planned."

Well, then change it. Nothings more important than the health of your dear old mother."

"I can't. It's very important."

"What in your life could matter that much? Are you working tomorrow? I thought I told you that Doctor McCloud said it was not good for you to work long hours. Your mind can't handle the stress. If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times, you are not like other people. You can't handle all that. It took us forever to get your schizophrenia under control. Don't undo the hard work you've been through."

"No, Mother. It's not that."

"Well, what is it?"

Wes hesitates. The pause is long and uncomfortable. He things to himself, "I shouldn't tell her. She'll freak out. She won't understand. She's never understood. I need to tell her the truth but she just won't believe me.

Linda impatiently waiting, tries to run a hundred scenarios through her mind. With a gleam in her eye and a smile on her face, she laughs and says, "Have you met someone? Is it a girl?" Her smile grows even larger. Now Wes is embarrassed and there is no turning back. She's so excited, it would break her heart to hear something else. Wes creates a wonderful lie.

"You've found me out."

Linda can't believe her ears. "Wesley, when did you meet her? What's her name? How dare you hold this back from your mother. She says teasingly.

Her name is Vicki. We've actually known each other for a while.

No comments: