Saturday, March 24, 2007

Super hero blog story - Episode 2


Finally, I have written another episode. The play is this week and then I'll be able to wite more. I'll try to post one a week.

The buzzer goes off at 5 A.M. It's overly loud to his ears, who have been so delicately tuned to hearing nothing. Wes rolls over in bed reluctantly to slam down the snooze button but he misses it and knocks it to the floor. Sitting on the edge of the bed now, he finds the clock with his foot and steps on it to turn off the annoying plastic piece of crap. "Time to make the donuts" he moans in vain as he rises for the bathroom because Wes is a single 20 something. He steps into the shower contemplating another boring day working at "Happy Jack". He completes his morning routine with cocoa flakes and he's on his way out the door to the bus stop. He's only out the door for a moment when she appears. "Hello slacker. You're late," she says with a smile. "Oh, hi Vicki," Wes replies in a 'George McFly' tone of voice.

"Nice shirt. I think brown splotch goes real well with Happy Jack yellow,"

"Oh crap. I didn't see that before I left the house."

"Not too observant today, are you?"

"I guess not."

"You know Wes, you really ought to come down to the office with me. I could get you a better paying job in the mail room at the insurance company."

"I told my mom about your offer but she says that it's not a good idea. I think she just feels that way because she's never met you."

"Wes, are you always going to listen to your mom or are you going to be a man and do what you want to do."

"Yes, I know. I need to be my own person."

The bus arrives and opens its squeaky doors. "Just think about what I said, Wes. You could make $11 an hour," Vicki says enticingly. "Ya. Ok. I will," he replies as he steps on the bus. The driver closes the door and pulls away. Wes looks out the window and watches Vicki disappear into the distance. He sits down in the seat and smiles. Wes thinks back to when they first met on the schoolyard in Kindergarten.

She had beautiful brown eyes and dark brown…no…it was black hair. Vicki's personality was a vivacious and talkative 5 year old. He was playing by himself as usual when she walked up to him and set down. She said "hi" with that great big smile. Wes said "hi" back to her and she smiled so big, even her eyes smiled back at him.

"How come I've never seen you before?" Wes inquired.

"Well, I don't go to school here. My mommy teaches me at home. I think you're really sweet. Do you want to be my friend?" Vicki inquired right back.

"Yes, but the teacher will see you."

"No, she won't. I'm invisible. I can show myself to who I want and I don't want them to see me. But I like you."

"Really?"

"Yes. Here let me show you."

Vicki runs up to Mrs. Green and starts jumping up and down but Mrs. Green can't see her. She turns cart wheels, screams and even lifts up her dress but Mrs. Green doesn't notice. She runs back to Wes and says, "See. I told you." Wes is amazed. All he can say is "Wow".

No comments: